COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit the Site, we collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and information necessary to process your purchases. We may also collect additional information if you contact us for customer support. See the list below for more information about what personal information we collect and why.
- Examples of personal information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card, debit card, or digital wallet information), email address, telephone number, username, password, other credentials used to purchase UPS products, and other personal information that may be provided to us to purchase products on the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, payment processor Stripe, and our affiliates.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT INFORMATION
- Examples of personal information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our affiliates.
- Examples of personal information collected: version of web browser, Internet Protocol address, unique device identifier, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site. In addition, we may use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to the Site, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Site, and (iii) managing our business.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify, our analytics provider Google, and our affiliates.
Both we and others (such as our advertising networks) may collect personal information about our visitors’ online activities, over time and across third-party websites, when using our Site.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of thirteen (13). We do not intentionally collect personal information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your personal information with service providers to help us provide our products and services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use Stripe to process payments for our online store. You can read more about how Stripe uses your personal information here: https://stripe.com/en-us/privacy.
- Information collected through third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (such as information obtained through third-party login services or relating to your use of a Facebook “Like” button) is collected directly by the providers of these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features, and UPS is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
- We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal Information to provide our products and services to you, which includes: (1) offering products for sale, (2) processing payments, (3) shipping and fulfillment of your order, (4) keeping you up to date on new products and services, (5) communicating to you about, and administering your participation in, special events, surveys, contests, prize draws and other offers or promotions, (6) operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, websites and apps; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services), (7) performing data analyses (including market and consumer search and analytics, trend analysis and profiling, financial analysis and anonymization of personal information), (8) protecting against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities, (9) complying with applicable legal requirements and our policies, (10) establishing, exercising and defending legal claims, and (11) monitoring and reporting compliance issues.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the Site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
ADDITIONAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
- Identifiers such as name, billing address, shipping address, email address, username, password and other credentials used to purchase UPS products, Internet Protocol address and unique device identifier.
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) telephone number, (3) payment information (including credit card, debit card or digital wallet information), and (4) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “Collecting Personal Information.”
- Commercial information, including (1) records of goods purchased from UPS, (2) information on actions taken on the Site, which may include information about UPS products considered, and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our Site in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on the Site.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with the Site, and UPS advertisements that we display on third party sites and apps.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit the Site, use the Site, or interact with UPS-related tools, widgets or plug-ins or our official social media pages, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on the Site to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
We collect this personal information from sources including yourself directly and others (e.g., ecommerce retailers), public databases, social networks, and third party partners such as analytics or marketing providers. For more information, please see “Collecting Personal Information.”
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MONETARY OR OTHER VALUABLE CONSIDERATION OR FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES
As is common practice among businesses that operate Internet Web sites, we may also have disclosed certain identifiers, information about the use of the Site, and inferences drawn about you to our social media, advertising, and analytics partners for monetary or other valuable consideration. These disclosures may qualify as “sales” of personal information under California law.
We may have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Resident Consumers for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of personal information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “Sharing Personal Information.”
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under California law, without affirmative authorization.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
The business purposes for which we may use personal information about California consumers include:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing goods and services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services. This includes:
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, including:
- Specific pieces of information that we have collected about you;
- Categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected from you.
For requests made in connection with the Right to Know and/or Right of Deletion, please note:
- as required under applicable law, we must take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, we may require you to provide your name, physical address, email address, contact information, and information about your account or previous transactions with us. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
- We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with UPS, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration. To opt-out, click Do Not Sell My Personal Information or as provided below under “Requests to Exercise Your Rights.”
To opt out of the collection of personal information by certain of our social media, advertising, and analytics partners, you can also visit the following sites:
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to UPS by your personal information. We may limit our response to your exercise of rights as permitted by law.
REQUESTS TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Submitting a request through the UPS E-mail Application
- Calling us toll-free at 888-912-9055.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from web browsers.
DATA SHARING FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. To make such a request, please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
UPS Corporate Headquarters
Attention: Global Privacy Manager
55 Glenlake Parkway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
Last updated: October 1, 2021